We are looking for a systems engineer for a telecommunication system project for railways. It is a distributed system used by railway dispatchers for telephone communication and also for communication with drivers using GSM-R technology.
We are offering an interesting job primarily full-time in Vienna with daily English or German language training for a technically proficient colleague who is willing to travel abroad (Vienna, Finland, Norway, Denmark) for a long period of time, so residence does not play a role. We have an apartment in Vienna available/we cover accommodation and all travel expenses.
The job will include integration and testing of software components, analysis and reporting of problems, communication with development, installation and management of Linux servers at the customer and customer support.
Domain knowledge is also important for the job of a systems engineer, so we are looking for someone who is interested in learning in the field and doing long-term work in this position.
So what specifically will you be doing?
- Integrate software from different vendors.
- Analyze possible causes of errors (detect failing SW components).
- Define tests.
- Write documentation.
- Manually test the software.
- Communicate with developers.
- Install SW/HW at the end customer.
- A valid permit to work in the EU.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Orientation in IT (networking, virtualization, database, server administration…).
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Experience with distributed environments and virtualization (multiple servers, data transfer between servers, remote access/management, etc…).
- Orientation in communication protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, SIP, RTP, VLAN), Wireshark, network element management.
- JIRA experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of VoIP (SIP) an advantage.
What do we offer?
- We work on real projects for large customers creating long term solutions that support their products. These may not always be the latest technologies, but they are products that have real-world applications.
- Informal atmosphere, human approach and a great team. An interesting group of people with different experiences and responsibilities. We support each other and pull the project forward.
- You can read how those who already work for us perceive us here: https://career.certicon.cz/people/
- Benefits see https://makejvit.cz/#benefity
Didn’t find anything to choose? Not to worry - take a look at what else we have on offerBack to list of positions